5/30/2007

101 Things To Do

Today is jam packed, and it hasn't even really started yet! Bailey slept for a five hour stretch for the first time last night. I don't suspect that it will continue to happen, but it was really nice this one time. She was up at 1 to eat, then back down until 3:30. I fed her again at 4 AM and then she went back down. I slept for another hour or so, but then woke up to see Kelly off to work.

We were out for a lot of the day yesterday, so none of the picking up got done. Today, I'm going to spend lots of time puttering around the house. It's gonna be a "wear-Bailey" day, because she's already showing some serious signs of clingyness. Not that I mind.

We are settling in. I'm learning her and can now almost always predict what the cries mean. I know how to calm her, how to comfort her, how to entertain her, when she wants to eat, when she needs to be held and when she needs to be left alone. It makes it easier.

She's enraptured by Kelly. Perhaps its because Kelly is gone all day - but Bailey gets so excited to look at her face. She tracks Kelly around the room with her eyes. It makes my heart melt to watch the two of them gaze adoringly at each other. I'm not sure which one adore the other more...LOL! The evenings are really nice because Bailey gets to spend some time with her Mommy, Mommy gets her Bailey fix and I get my time away from baby-duty. The only struggle is squeezing in time for us to just be a couple.

But even that definition has begun to adapt. Last night, Kelly fed me pudding because I was feeding Bailey. It was, perhaps, one of the sweetest, most intimate moments we've had in a long time. It was fun. Silly. Sweet. Simple, much needed "couple-time".

So, we're all getting there. It's taken us four weeks, but we've found our groove. The days are easier, the nights are easier and our rhythm is back. Phew!

No comments: