4/23/2007

Single Digits

We are down to the single digits in number of days...only 9 until she's due. So far, we're still very much pregnant. There has been lots of pressure, lots of painful braxton hicks contractions, lots of nesting (I got up in the middle of the night to organize the kitchen cupboards!). We spent Saturday working outside and Sunday running all around to get some things done. Everyone says that it's close...except the doctors. Of course, that story could change on Wednesday when we get checked.

Today, I am stocking our freezer for after the baby is born. I'm making a huge pot of homemade pasta sauce, a pan of spinach and roasted red pepper lasagna, a pan of stuffed peppers, a pan of Mexican fiesta casserole, and 6 mini chicken pot pies. All vegetarian and made with fresh, low fat ingredients, of course. I think that it will make life easier after Bailey is born.

Kelly and I are on a major diet once the baby is here. We've started now, but we waver...I have major ice cream cravings right now. We're trying to stay healthy. We both want to lose some weight. We'll focus on that later, though.

For today, I'm going to stay on my feet and cook. LOL - nothing like being barefoot, nine months pregnant, and in the kitchen making food for my family. Where, oh where, did the shaved head, radical feminist that I used be go???? LOL!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you had a great weekend. I checked this morning wondering if I was going to see a post that Bailey was born! Her birthday is getting close and I hope that her momma's will be able to enjoy these last few days of pregnancy! After reading about how you cook meals on the weekend and feeze for the week, I've started doing this. And yes, I too have wondered what happened to my former radical feminist self! Since my honey and I moved in together in Sept, I've been quite the domestic goddess. There is just something about nurturing loved ones that is so, so great! Anyway, I was wondering if you might post some of the recipes to the meals that you are making today, especially the fiesta casserole and the chicken pot pies? I know that you've got a lot going on right now, so no worries if you don't have the time.

Thanks,
Kate

ps- It's kinda strange how excited I am for you both, given that I don't know you! For some reason, I really connected to your story. I'll let you know when we have our blog up!

Homestead Mom said...

Sounds like your mind is ready, anyway - all that nesting! Something that worked really well for us (we stocked our freezer ahead of time too) was to make that huge pot of pasta sauce and then freeze it in small 2-person portions. We used quart-sized ziplocks. As grateful as you are to have ready-made food after the baby comes, you will get sick of 5 days of lasagna or pasta. Good luck!