3/01/2007

Trying Again

Well, apparently my earlier post (which I've now removed) caused someone some issues. I don't know who, because their comments came from "anonymous". Needless to say, I don't publish anonymous comments...

Now, with that said - the post was about wanting to get away from here. I woke up this morning thinking about an old trip that we took to Ireland a couple years back with a group of people. It was truly a wonderful experience - one that I have never forgotten.

For Kelly and I, it was magical. And someday, we'll go back to Ireland. Not soon - we have a million other places in this world we want to see - but someday.

I love this experience, but it hasn't slipped my mind that everything is about to change. For the past 9+ years, Kelly and I have had the freedom to do what we want, to go where we want, to explore and play. The only limitations have been our financial situation (through college, we had to be more thrifty). Now, though, we have a whole new limitation...or addition...depending on how you look at it.

I would never, ever change our life and the choices we have made - but it does lend itself to a certain level of restraint. Bailey has needs that go beyond a simple hotel room. She won't be able to just travel for a good many years. And when her sibling(s) come along, we will be even further limited.

It's all worth it, but this morning, I woke up nostalgic for the times we've just taken off and played in this wide, wide world.

When we retire, we'll play again...until then...it's family friendly trips for us! At least, until the kids are old enough to stay with Nana or Grammy, while we escape for a few days!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hello Kids,
Its Thursday and Thursday to has become "Day Tip day", I so look forward to this all week and needed my weekly day tip chuckle...why must you withhold this? why??
PS. I havent seen anything on updates for Matts baby is there anymore information. Are they in labor or was it a false...you have me addicted to this blog.

treewater said...

You can take the kids anywhere you want... They would probably love a trip to Ireland when they are 8&6 (&4?)... Maybe Grammy and A could go and make it a big adventure again...

Laura: Matt & Aarica's little one will be here SOON! They will be induced on 3/2 (tomorrow!)... I'm sure Mik will post about it... A