3/05/2007

Another Monday

Two problems have arisen this weekend. First, my feet swelled to mamouth proportions, rendering my previously worn shoes obsolete and requiring that Kelly and I run around in search of shoes that fit. NOT an easy task, given that my feet are wide on a good day.

I finally ended up finding a pair of black slides in a size 10 that I could get on. They are about an inch too long, so the goal is going to be not tripping for the next 5-10 weeks. However, I can wear them to work and (most importantly) they don't require me to wear socks...which no longer fit me, no matter how much I stretch them.

Second, my back began aching on Friday night and has not stopped. It's horribly painful. Ever position I'm in hurts it, sleeping is difficult and the Tylenol doesn't touch it. I'm thinking that it's going to be hurting this way on and off until Bailey is born...so we are praying for an early delivery (anytime after 37 weeks).

In better news, we revisited our hospital last night. I've been having a bit of a difficult time accepting that I'll be in a hospital for our delivery. Revisiting was a way for me to get comfortable again, and I am happy to say that it helped a whole bunch. I just like Civista. The nurses are just ordinary people. It's not really clinical feeling. They listen and are open to hearing different ideas.

I just need to keep reminding myself that I'm going to be okay giving birth in a hospital. LOL - it's almost funny - so many other people would worry in the other direction...but not me. Oh well...

Full on, third trimester yuckiness is here. I'm hoping that it goes away a little, but if not, it's going to be a tough next 5-10 weeks...

No comments: