2/22/2007

I ran a marathon...

Well, actually, I didn't. Of course. But I feel like I have...

This entire weeks has just been long. I feel like between work, home, getting to and from work and home, and now trying to sleep through Bailey's aerobics, I've not gotten any down time!!!

Work has been an absolute madhouse. My new position has me learning things that I have never even come close to knowing, and I've been fighting a seriously steep learning curve. I've been putting together a program with very little leadership from the partner in charge, and it's about a topic I know nothing about...and it's been my job to pull it all together.

I did it. And did it well. But the amount of mental energy it has taken for me to create the wheel and figure out what the hell the wheel is in the first place, has been rough. The program started a half hour ago, and I think that we're going to be okay...

Tomorrow is the full day of the program and then it's over until next year. Except next year, I'll know what I'm doing.

I'll be happy when this week is over, and my pregnant brain can go back to being focused on being pregnant and enjoying that process.

Have I mentioned yet that this is the best part of all of this for me??? I am absolutely LOVING this part of it. I'll write more about that tomorrow.

For now, I'm on my way home for the day. I'm going to make us baked ziti for dinner with fresh kale. I'm going to sit with my honey and watch the L Word and then after I'm going to watch Earl and the Office.

In short...I'm not going to think and I'm not going to work!

No comments: