1/25/2007

Storytime

Bailey loves storytime. Honestly. I know that people say weird things about the baby inside of them all time and try to give their child emotions that we can readily understand, but I swear, she really does love it. Every night, I lay down (on my back, incidently...she LOVES that position) and Kelly and I read to her. While we read, Kelly rubs my belly. After the story, we talk to her and each other and usually spend some time giggling and snuggling. It's an incredibly cozy ritual that I can only imagine will last. Bailey seems to love it. She kicks and moves all around, making my belly look a bit like a popcorn bag in the microwave. She is almost always directly under Kelly's hand, even if she has to move to get to that spot. It seems like she can feel the heat or something. Maybe it's as simple as the light changes in that spot and she can sense that. I don't know the biology of it, but I do know that she is all about that time of the evening.

Interestingly, and perfectly, she settles right down as soon as I turn off the light. I have yet to be woken by her in the middle of the night. Sometimes she'll kick my very full bladder early in the morning, but it's usually only one kick - like she is adjusting as opposed to being fully active. She is always wide awake on the bus ride to work and through the morning. She usually calms down again in the afternoon, after lunch. The evenings are relatively calm, with some minor activity until bedtime. Then she goes nuts for about an hour. Then she's calm though the night.

It's amazing to be able to feel her that clearly.

I assume that she is moving more than that most of the time, and I just can't feel every movement yet. During the two ultrasounds, she was constantly moving, but I only felt the strongest of those movements. As we inch closer to the date of delivery and she begins to pack on the pounds, I suspect that I'll start to have less and less "down" time.

No comments: